thank you so much (and i’m glad it gave you hope!), but “amazing” is not how I would describe it! most of these things (drawing, reading, watching anime) are things i do at home. my life feels pretty quiet and slow-paced right now; I don’t even go out very frequently anymore.
I feel like I never share my life online anymore, which after years and years of Livejournaling, blogging, and Pitasing feels pretty weird. So here’s an abridged account of what I’ve been up to lately:
- I work full-time at my university (since last August), so that takes up most of my time
- I’ve gotten back into the habit of sketching regularly, and I hope to start painting again soon
- I’m visiting New Orleans this weekend for a short getaway
- Lately I’ve been marathoning some of my favorite anime from my childhood, including Galaxy Express 999, Ranma 1/2, and Dragon Ball
- By the way, the 999 is pronounced “Three Nine.” All of Leiji Matsumoto’s anime are pronounced that way (e.g., Interstella 5555 is “Four Five.” It’s not a huge pet peeve of mine, but I hate when people actually correct me on this when I’m saying it right
- I’m also reading IQ84 right now, but I’ll withhold my judgments on it until I’m done.
booked an impromptu trip to NOLA this weekend with Sydnee yay